After seeing her solo debut become one of the strongest selling albums of 1998, Lauryn Hill has finally mapped out a solo tour that will try to extend that success well into 1999.
Hill, who is no stranger to the heights of chart-dom thanks to her gig with the Fugees, will get her solo tour rolling on February 18 in Detroit, and has lined up dates into April.
The dates will mark Hill's first tour behind her "Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" album, which arrived in September. The lack of road exposure certainly hasn't hurt the album, as rave reviews and extensive airplay for its first single, "Doo Wop (That Thing)" helped to push it to the top of the charts.
You'll finally be able to catch Lauryn on stage on the following dates:
- 2/18 - Detroit, MI @ Fox Theatre
- 2/20 - Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theatre
- 2/22 - St. Louis, MO @ Fox Theatre
- 2/26 - Kansas City, MO @ Midland Theatre
- 2/27 - Denver, CO @ Mammoth Events Center
- 3/1 - Las Vegas, NV @
House Of Blues
- 3/2 - San Francisco, CA @ Brooks Hall, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- 3/3 - Oakland, CA @ Paramount Theatre
- 3/5 - Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheater, Hall
- 3/10 - Dallas, TX @ Bronco Bowl
- 3/11 - Houston, TX @ Bayou City Theatre
- 3/13 - Atlanta, GA @ Fox Theatre
- 3/16 - Washington, DC @ Constitution Hall
- 3/21 - Cleveland, OH @ Cleveland State Univ., CSU Convocation Ctr.
- 3/24 - New York, NY @ Theater At Madison Square Garden
- 3/28 - Upper Darby, PA @ Tower Theatre
- 3/31 - Boston, MA @ The Wang Center For The Performing Arts
- 4/1 - Newark, NJ @ New Jersey Performing Arts Center