September 3 [12:00 EDT] -- The Foo Fighters should hopefully dispel all rumors that guitarist Pat Smear has left the band when they launch a U.S. tour on September 18 in Las Vegas.
The string of dates will see the band replace the Wu-Tang Clan to open two shows for Rage Against The Machine, September 19 in Los Angeles, and the 21 in Phoenix.
If you can't make it out to see the Foos, you can catch the band when it performs on MTV News "Opening Act" show at 6:30 p.m. Eastern time on Thursday before the 1997 Video Music Awards.The band will then head into Radio City Music Hall for the Awards ceremony, where they are nominated for Best Rock and Best Alternative Video awards for the Dave Grohl-directed clip for "Monkey Wrench" [1.5MB QuickTime], the first video off their album, "The Color and the Shape."
If you'd rather see the band in the flesh, here's where Pollstar says you should look:
- 9/18 - Las Vegas,
NV @ Huntridge Theatre
- 9/19 - Irvine, CA @ Irvine Meadows Amph.
- 9/21 - Phoenix, AZ @ Blockbuster Desert Sky Pavilion
- 9/23 - Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
- 9/24 - Dallas, TX @ Bronco Bowl
- 9/26 - Huntsville, AL @ Big Spring Jam
- 9/27 - Charlotte, NC @ Carolina Music Festival
- 9/30 - Nashville, TN @ Memorial Gym
- 10/1 - Raleigh, NC @ Ritz