Fear Factory, System of a Down, and SpineShank saw their current sold out U.S. tour derailed over the weekend in Philadelphia when a thief made off with a truck holding the bands' gear and merchandise.
After playing Boston Friday night, the progressive metal caravan rolled into Philadelphia early Saturday morning for a show that night at that city's Trocadero. The bands loaded up all their gear and their tour merchandise into a rented truck and retired to two different hotels for some rest.
A few hours later, tour personnel discovered that the truck, which had been parked in front of Fear Factory's hotel, was gone. The bands place the time of the theft between the hours of 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturday morning.
The theft forced the last minute cancellation of Saturday night's show, and the bands broke the news to fans themselves, heading to the venue to sign autographs and snap photos with ticket-holders.
Saturday's show was the first of many that
the bands will have to postpone because of the robbery. Fear Factory and company have now postponed a string of dates that includes shows in Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Hollywood. The bands hope to reschedule the shows for some time in March.
Here's a look at the show's that will have to be rescheduled:
- 1/23 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
- 1/24 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 1/26 - Montreal, QC @ Le Medley
- 1/27 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
- 1/28 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's Down Under
- 1/29 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
- 1/30 - Chicago, IL @ Metro / Smart Bar
- 1/31 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 2/2 - Lawrence, KS @ Bottleneck
- 2/3 - Denver, CO @ Lodo Music Hall