Monster Magnet is stirring some controversy with its stint as an opening act for Rob Zombie, but it’s not actually the band that’s getting all the attention.
The group’s female fans have started to do some performing of their own at recent Monster Magnet gigs, like the band’s stop in Atlanta on Thursday where two women simulated a sex act on stage at the International Ballroom.
Though the ladies’ opening act appeared to have been rather spontaneous, the scene was no doubt nothing new to the band. At a recent show at the House of Blues in New Orleans, a woman went body surfing in a leather dress that ended up revealing too much for police, who arrested her after the show for indecent exposure. Various other outings have also carried this same sexual energy, with women running around topless and undergarments being thrown onstage.
“America is so obsessed with sex right now,” Monster Magnet frontman Dave Wyndorf said, trying to explain the behavior at his group’s shows. “There
is another revolution on the way. I can sense it and it’s crazy.”
Wyndorf and his tourmate, Rob Zombie, even joked about the incidents during a recent chat with MTV News’ Chris Connelly.
“From Monster Magnet,” Wyndorf interjected.
“Yeah, from Monster Magnet,” Zombie conceded.
The Monster Magnet, Rob Zombie, and Fear Factory will be playing Milwaukee on Wednesday and will continue to tour the States through November. Before they head to Europe in December, here’s where you can catch them:
- 10/21 – Milwaukee, WI @ Modjeska Theatre
- 10/22 – Davenport, IA @ River Center
- 10/24 – Chicago, IL @ Aragon Theatre
- 10/25 – Akron, OH @ Rhodes Arena
- 10/26 – Upper Darby, PA @ Tower Theatre
- 10/28 – New York, NY @ Roseland
- 10/29 – Utica, NY @ Utica Mem. Auditorium
- 10/30 – Poughkeepsie, NY @ Mid-Hudson Civic Center
- 10/31 – Lewiston, ME @ Central Maine Civic Ctr.
- 11/1 – Worcester, MA @ Palladium
- 11/3 – Mississauga, ON @ Arrow Hall
- 11/4 – Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 11/6 – Madison, WI @ Dane County Exhibit Hall
- 11/7 – St. Paul, MN @ Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 11/8 – Fargo, ND @ Civic Mem. Auditorium
- 11/10 – Kansas City, KS @ Memorial Hall
- 11/12 – Denver, CO @ Mammoth Events Center
- 11/13 – Salt Lake City, UT @ SaltAir Pavilion
- 11/14 – Nampa, ID @ Idaho Center
- 11/16 – Vancouver, BC @ PNE Forum
- 11/17 – Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 11/18 – Salem, OR @ Salem Armory
- 11/21 – San Jose, CA @ Event Center Arena
- 11/22 – Sacramento, CA @ Memorial Auditorium
- 11/24 – Las Vegas, NV @ Joint
- 11/25 – San Bernardino, CA @ Orange Pavilion
- 11/27 – Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheatre