With Faith No More now a memory, singer and musical explorer Mike Patton has poured his diabolical energy into Mr. Bungle, and the results will soon surface with a new album and tour.
The project that Patton helped to get rolling some 15 years ago will release “California” on July 13, the same day that the band kicks off a U.S. tour in San Francisco.
“California” will mark the band’s third album since 1991 and its first since 1995’s “Disco Volante.” For the effort, Mr. Bungle sports the familiar lineup of Patton, Trevor Dunn (bass and keyboards), Danny Heifetz (percussion and keyboards), Trey Spruance (guitars and keyboards), and Bar (horns and keyboards). This time out, the band has subdued its more atonal tendencies a bit in favor of a string of more conventional (yet still eerie and challenging) songs.
If you want to see where the ever-evolving Mr. Bungle stands now, here’s where to catch them:
- 7/13 – San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s
- 7/14 – San Francisco, CA
- 7/15 – West Hollywood, CA @ House Of Blues
- 7/16 – Sacramento, CA @ X-Treme
- 7/18 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox
- 7/19 – Portland, OR @ Roseland
- 7/21 – Salt Lake City, UT @ DV8
- 7/22 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theater
- 7/24 – St. Louis, MO @ Karma
- 7/25 – Iowa City, IA @ Gabe’s Oasis
- 7/26 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 7/27 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
- 7/28 – Chicago, IL @ The Metro
- 7/29 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall
- 7/30 – Toronto, ONT @ Opera House
- 7/31 – Montreal, QC @ Cabaret Music Hall
- 8/3 – New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 8/4 – New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom