Jay-Z, DMX, and their colleagues on the Hard Knock Life tour are planning to do what they can for the families of those lost in last week's shooting at Colorado's Columbine High School.
When the tour (which features Redman, Method Man, and DMX) hits Denver on Tuesday, Jay-Z and DMX will donate their share of the night's proceeds to the families of the Columbine victims.
"We decided to donate the proceeds from this show as soon as we saw the date on the schedule," Jay-Z told MTV News on Monday. "It was never a question. DMX and Ruff Ryders had the same thought. We've known first hand how pointless and senseless violence always is, and we wanted to show our support in a real way."
The charitable action comes as the tour begins to wind down. Here's how the remainder of the Hard Knock Life tour shapes up:
- 4/27 - Denver, CO @ Denver Coliseum
- 4/29 - Kansas City, MO @ Kemper Arena
- 4/30 - Indianapolis, IN @ Market Square Arena
- 5/1 - Dayton, OH
@ Ervin J. Nutter Center
- 5/2 - Louisville, KY @ Louisville Gardens
- 5/6 - Orlando, FL @ Orlando Arena
- 5/7 - Miami, FL @ Miami Arena