In a press statement released Thursday, Celine Dion announced that she will cancel the balance of her tour from April 13 to May 7 to be with her husband and manager, Rene Angelil, who has been diagnosed with cancer.
Said Dion in an official statement, “Rene is the biggest priority in my life and I want to be by his side as he continues his treatment. I hope my fans will understand and support me in this difficult situation.”
Angelil underwent surgery in Dallas last week while Dion was performing in that city. He has been diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma Metastasis (a form of skin cancer) to the right side of his neck. He has since been released from the hospital and will undergo six weeks of radiation therapy.
According to doctors, Angelil’s prognosis is excellent. When caught early, this form of cancer is rarely life threatening.
Dion will perform her scheduled concerts in Houston on Sunday and New Orleans on Monday. Here are the dates Dion is planning
to reschedule for the fall:
- 4/14 – St. Louis, MO @ Kiel Center
- 4/16 – Buffalo, NY @ Marine Midland Arena
- 4/17 – Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
- 4/19 – Providence, RI @ Providence Civic Center
- 4/29 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 4/30 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 5/2 – Ottawa, ON @ Corel Centre
- 5/4 – Quebec City, QC @ Quebec Colisee Arena
- 5/6 – Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre
- 5/7 – Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre