Destiny's Child Manager Responds To Lawsuit

After two former members of Destiny's Child sued the group and its manager last week, one of the accused parties has shot back, saying that he looks forward to the day when "the real truth will come out."

As we reported last week, former Destiny's Child members LeToya Luckett and LaTavia Roberson filed a suit against current (and founding) Destiny's Child members Beyoncé Knowles and Kelly Rowland as well as the group's manager, Matthew Knowles (who is also the father of Beyoncé and the legal guardian of Rowland).

The suit charges breach of partnership duties and breach of fiduciary duties and goes on to paint the girls' former manager as a "greedy" business man who "made money from the girls while the girls themselves made virtually no money" (see "Destiny's Child Sued By Former Members").

The suit also charges that the Destiny's Child camp squeezed LeToya and LaTavia out after the singers attempted to seek new management,

and even kept the girls in the dark about high-profile appearances such as the Grammy Awards and the Soul Train Awards.

According to the suit, Knowles' "greed, desire for control, self-dealing and promotion of his daughter's interests "prompted him to treat LeToya and LaTavia in an abusive manner, and the two claim that their ex-manager and former bandmates "went on a rampage to destroy LeToya and LaTavia and their careers."

"I think that the real truth will come out of the court proceedings," Matthew Knowles responded to MTV News on Monday. "I can very clearly say that there have been no misappropriation of funds and that two members of the group, the background singers LeToya and LaTavia, decided to fire the manager of Destiny's Child without discussing it with the other members, Beyoncé and Kelly, the lead and the second lead singers."

LeToya and LaTavia claim that in December of last year, they sent statements to Knowles pronouncing their desire to "disaffirm" their management

deal with Knowles, but say that they had no intention of leaving the group.

"The most important thing is that two members made a business decision without consulting the other two members, the members who did the most, and that's pretty insulting," Knowles told MTV News of the move. "[LeToya and LaTavia] have changed allegations so many times that I don't know what they're even saying at this point."

LeToya and LaTavia also claim in their suit that the group's pronouncement that the singers left over "creative differences" is false, and noted that the singers "have not withdrawn from Destiny's Child despite [the] defendants' wrongful and malicious efforts to force them to do so."

"There are and have been many creative differences," Knowles said. "[LeToya and LaTavia] are trying to say that we're like TLC. We're not like TLC. We're not based on the same imaging and vocals as TLC. What we do outside the studio is just as important, that's why Destiny's Child received a NAACP Image

Award. The members of Destiny's Child have always had rules about how they present themselves, and that's something that they came up with."

With so much ill will being floated, it's hard to imagine the two slipping easily back into Destiny's Child, and the group's camp has no plans to get rid of Destiny's Child additions Farrah Franklin and Michelle Williams any time soon.

"We want to move forward with the new Destiny's Child," Knowles said. "My disappointment is that at the highlight of these young ladies' career, they made a bad business decision. Clearly the truth will come out in court and it will be embarrassing to LaTavia and LeToya."

We will keep you posted on this story as it unfolds.