An apparent rock memorabilia collector went way too far when he collected mementos from Def Leppard’s locked tour bus in Kelowna, British Columbia on Monday night.
Kelowna’s “Daily Courier” reports that the man broke into the parked vehicle outside the venue just before the group’s set and made off with an estimated $5,000 worth of personal effects.
If the culprit attended the concert later that night, his ears were likely burning. Singer Joe Elliot had some choice words for the thief onstage, paying particular attention to the loss of family video tapes.
The appeal seemed to net an informant of some kind and resulted in the return of at least some of the items to local police. Still missing are some electronic equipment, clothing, and other personal items, including the videocamera and tapes, which reportedly contain footage of guitarist Phil Collen’s children playing with Elliot’s kids.
The authorities believe the culprit is a collector and a fan who may have
had his picture taken with the group at a previous concert.
Unbowed, the band is continuing on its tour of North America. Here’s where you can find them, courtesy of the band’s official Web site:
- 1/14 – Bozeman, MT @ Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
- 1/15 – Casper, WY @ Casper Events Ctr.
- 1/16 – Colorado Springs, CO @ World Arena
- 1/18 – El Paso, TX @ Don Haskins Center
- 1/19 – Lubbock, TX @ Fair Park Coliseum
- 1/21 – Cape Girardeau, MO @ Show Me Center
- 1/22 – Chattanooga, TN @ Soldiers & Sailors
- 1/23 – Knoxville, TN @ Civic Coliseum
- 1/25 – Salem, VA @ Civic Center
- 1/26 – Bristol, TN @ Viking Hall
- 1/28 – West Lafayette, IN @ Elliott Hall Of Music
- 2/1 – Marquette, MI @ Lakeview Arena
- 2/2 – La Crosse, WI @ La Crosse Center
- 2/4 – Salisbury, MD @ Wicomico Civic Center
- 2/5 – Wilkes Barre, PA @ Pennsylvania Civic Center
- 2/7 – Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre Theatre
- 2/8 – Quebec City, QC @ Colisee De Quebec
- 2/10 – Fredericton,
NB @ Aitken Centre
- 2/11 – Moncton, NB @ Coliseum Moncton
- 2/12 – Halifax, NS @ Metro Centre