After a successful 13-date West Coast run earlier this year, Cracker has announced plans to bring its "Traveling Apothecary" tour, featuring members of seminal college rock group Camper Van Beethoven, to the East Coast.
For the new set of "Traveling Apothecary" shows, Cracker frontman David Lowery will once again be joined by three of his former Camper Van Beethoven bandmates: bassist Victor Krummenacher, guitarist Greg Lisher, and violinist-keyboardist Jonathan Segel.
The set lists for the shows will feature songs from both Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven -- although organizers stress that the gigs in no way mark a CVB reunion and are not billing it as such. As with the earlier shows in February and March, Lisher, Krummenacher, and Segel will open the concerts by performing songs from their solo careers.
"This is not a Camper Van Beethoven reunion," Lowery noted in a statement. "It also isn't exactly a Cracker show. Anyone who expects us to stick
closely to the recorded versions of all the songs [from both groups] may be disappointed."
In addition to Lowery, Lisher, Krummenacher, and Segel, the "Traveling Apothecary" tour will include ex-King Missile bassist Chris Xefos, as well as Cracker regulars John Hickman on guitar, Frank Funaro on drums, and Kenny Margolis on keyboards.
Dates currently confirmed for the Cracker "Traveling Apothecary" tour:
- 9/14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
- 9/15 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 9/16 - Richmond, VA @ Brown's Island (no opening set)
- 9/17 - Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle
- 9/19 - Knoxville, TN @ Moose's
- 9/20 - Nashville, TN @ South Street (no opening set)
- 9/21 - Athens, GA @ 40 Watt Club
- 9/22 - Chattanooga, TN @ Rhythm And Brews
- 9/23 - Huntsville, AL @ Big Spring Jam