Sean "Puffy" Combs Pleads Not Guilty To Weapons Charges

Sean "Puffy" Combs was formally arraigned by a State Supreme Court in New York City today on a pair of weapons charges stemming from the now infamous shooting incident at a Manhattan nightclub in late December.

During the hearing, Combs officially entered a plea of not guilty to charges of criminal possession of a weapon in the second and third degree, charges that had been handed down last month by a Manhattan grand jury (see "Puffy Maintains Innocence As Grand Jury Hands Down Weapons Indictment").

Combs' next scheduled court date on the charges will be on Thursday, February 10, for a bail application hearing. According to a spokesperson for the Manhattan district attorney's office, prosecutors will seek to modify the conditions under which Combs initially posted bail and may request that additional money be put up.

The court's ruling in the bail application hearing may also affect whether Combs will be allowed to travel

out of the country next month for his first European tour, which was to start on March 14 in Dublin.

Outside the courtroom, Johnnie Cochran, one of Puffy's new lawyers (see "Puff Daddy Adding To Legal Team, Draws Support From Jesse Jackson"), told local TV outlet New York 1 that Puffy was "confident he'll be vindicated of all charges."

Combs was originally scheduled to be in court on February 14, but the district attorney's office told MTV News that today's court date superseded the later one, which now would not happen on Valentine's Day.