Over 127,000 people were estimated at the Hard Rock RockFest held at the Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday.
The twelve-hour festival featured sets from the Offspring, Third Eye Blind, Everlast, Eve 6, Sugar Ray, Silverchair, and Collective Soul.
Marvelous 3, Live, Taxiride, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones also played the event, which featured an impromptu one-on-one volleyball match between former "MTV Sports" host Gabrielle Reece and members of the band Better than Ezra.
Citizen King played in place of New Radicals, who dropped off the bill in mid-May citing illness (see [article id="1432630"]"New Radicals Cancel RockFest Appearance"[/article]).
The inaugural RockFest has also spawned a mini-tour featuring Smash Mouth, Marvelous 3, and another, yet-to-be-named act (see [article id="1427129"]"RockFest Adds Citizen King; Plans Spin-Off Tour With Marvelous 3, Smash Mouth"[/article]).
The first set of dates for the RockFest Concert
- 6/23 - San Antonio, TX @ Sunken Gardens
- 6/27 - Denver, CO @ Mile High Stadium Parking Lot
- 7/25 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Gardener's Basin Park
- 7/31 - Cleveland, OH @ Riverview Parking Lot
- 8/1 - St. Louis, MO @ Union Station Parking Lot