Paula Cole, whose song, "I Don't Want to Wait," is currently in heavy rotation as the theme for the hit show "Dawson's Creek," plans to prepare for an appearance at this year's Lilith Fair with a series of concert dates in the spring.
Cole will also be among the artists joining Lilith Tour founder Sarah McLachlan at an April 16 press conference announcing the line-up and dates for the 1998 Lilith tour. Internet users can view the conference, scheduled for 2:30 p.m. PDT, at the official Lilith Fair website (www.lilithfair.com).
April 16 will also see the launch of something dubbed the Levi's/Lilith Fair Acoustic Talent Search, a rolling showcase for unknown local musicians that will hit 14 cities in late April. Some 20 female performers will take the stage at each stop, with one winner earning a slot on the Lilith stage when the tour visits their town.
McLachlan herself will perform when the search kicks off
in Los Angeles. From there, the search will roll on to New York, Dallas, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, Atlanta, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis, and St. Louis. Those who want their talent discovered can learn more about the search and how to register at the official Lilith site.
Also on April 16, Cole will perform with Sheryl Crow, Stevie Nicks and Joni Mitchell at a benefit show for the Walden Woods Foundation (see "Stefani, Crow, Cole, Nicks To Come Out For Walden Woods").
Before joining the Lilth Fair tour, here's where you can catch Cole:
- 4/17 - Montreal, QC @ Spectrum
- 4/19 - Toronto, ON @ Convocation Hall
- 4/20 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Metropol
- 4/22 - Morristown, NJ @ Community Theatre
- 4/23 - New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
- 4/25 - Boston, MA @ Hatch Shell
- 4/26 - Providence, VA @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
- 4/28 - Blacksburg, VA @ Burruss Auditorium
- 4/30 - West Palm Beach, FL @ SunFest
- 5/1 - Atlanta, GA @ Music Midtown Festival
- 5/2 - Nashville, TN @ Riverfront Park
- 5/3 - Memphis, TN - Beale Street Music Festival