Coal Chamber drummer Mikey Cox has aggravated an existing shoulder injury, forcing the band to postpone a string of U.S. dates, but Cox vows to be back behind the kit in time for the band's run on this summer's Tattoo The Earth tour.
Cox first injured his arm while touring with Ozzfest '98 and reinjured it during a show last week in Syracuse, New York. As a result, he and his band have had to cancel the last eight dates of their "No Home" tour, including shows in Baltimore, Maryland; Winston-Salem, North Carolina; Spartanburg, South Carolina; Tallahassee, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; and New Orleans, Louisiana. Consequently, the injury forces the band into its first road lull since releasing its second album, "Chamber Music," last September.
However, Cox and the band are optimistic that all will be present and accounted for when Tattoo The Earth begins its inaugural run on July 15 in Portland, Oregon. The tour will find
Coal Chamber join Slipknot, Slayer, Sevendust, Sepultura, Nashville Pussy, (hed) pe, Downset, Puya, and others for a mid-to-late summer run (see [article id="1433946"]"Tattoo The Earth Beefs Up Itinerary"[/article]).
If you want to catch Coal Chamber on the Tattoo The Earth tour, here's where to catch them (as always, tour dates are subject to change):
- 7/15 - Portland, OR @ Portland Meadows (w/ KUFO)
- 7/18 - Lawrence, KS @ Burcham Park
- 7/20 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Giants Stadium (w/ Metallica)
- 7/21 - Scranton, PA @ Montage Mountain
- 7/22 - Boston, MA @ Suffolk Downs
- 7/24 - Cleveland, OH @ Nautica
- 7/27 - Des Moines, IA @ Waterworks Park
- 7/28 - Somerset, WI @ FloatRite Park
- 7/29 - Milwaukee, WI @ Rave Complex
- 7/30 - Pontiac, MI @ Phoenix Plaza
- 8/2 - San Antonio, TX @ Far West
- 8/4 - Mercedes, TX @ Mercedes Showgrounds
- 8/5 - Houston, TX @ Pasadena Fairgrounds
- 8/6 - Dallas, TX @ Fair Park Coliseum