Still riding high from his recent collaboration with blues legend B.B. King, guitar great Eric Clapton announced he will spend part of next year on a world tour that kicks off February 2001 in the UK.
Clapton begins his ambitious trek Feb. 2 with six nights at London's Royal Albert Hall and so far has shows lined up through early April.
After numerous dates in England, the next leg of Clapton's tour rolls across Europe and into Russia. The guitarist will then hit the United States, South America and Asia, though specific dates for those areas have yet to be confirmed.
With nearly 40 years of music-making to his credit, Clapton has recorded such classic- and light-rock hits as "Layla," "Wonderful Tonight" and "Lay Down Sally." In June he returned to his blues roots with Riding With the King, a collaboration with B.B. King that debuted at #3 on Billboard magazine's albums chart.
Eric Clapton tour dates:
- 2/3 - London, U.K. @ Royal Albert
- 2/4 - London, U.K. @ Royal Albert Hall
- 2/6 - London, U.K. @ Royal Albert Hall
- 2/7 - London, U.K. @ Royal Albert Hall
- 2/9 - London, U.K. @ Royal Albert Hall
- 2/10 - London, U.K. @ Royal Albert Hall
- 2/14 - Manchester, U.K. @ Evening News Arena
- 2/16 - Birmingham, U.K. @ NEC
- 2/20 - Lisbon, POR @ Atlantic Pavilion
- 2/22 - Madrid, SPA @ Sports Palace
- 2/25 - Barcelona, SPA @ San Jordi
- 2/26 - Toulouse, FRA @ Zenith
- 2/28 - Florence, ITA @ Palasport
- 3/2 - Milan, ITA @ Forum
- 3/5 - Zurich, SWI @ Hallen Stadion
- 3/6 - Stuttgart, GER @ Schleyerhalle
- 3/8 - Koln, GER @ Koln Arena
- 3/9 - Frankfurt, GER @ Festhalle
- 3/20 - Paris, FRA @ Bercy
- 3/23 - Gent, BEL @ Flanders Expo
- 3/25 - Rotterdam, NET @ Ahoy
- 3/28 - Copenhagen, DEN @ The Forum
- 3/31 - Gothenburg, SWE @ Scandinavium
- 4/1 - Oslo, NOR @ Spectrum
- 4/3 - Stockholm, SWE @ Globe
- 4/5 - Helsinki, Fin @ Hartwall Arena
- 4/8 - St. Petersburg, RUS @ Jubileiny
- 4/10 - Moscow, RUS @ Convention Center