British anarchists Chumbawamba, who have been making music for 15 years now, will try to prove they are not a one hit wonder with the follow-up to the hugely successful "Tubthumping."
The new single and video is called "Amnesia" [650k QuickTime] and a couple of Chumbas recently told MTV News that the song's inspiration began with England's new prime minister, Tony Blair.
"We wrote "Amnesia' before the general election in England, and we basically wrote it about Blair's new labor," the group's vocalist/percussionist Alice Nutter told MTV News.
Guitarist Boff adds, "It applies, like across the board, in the sense that it's just about the idea that people forget that what Bill Clinton says before he gets elected is not what Bill Clinton will do when he's in office, and that's not about Bill Clinton, that's about all politicians" [700k QuickTime].
to Pollstar, the band will return to the States next month to spread the anarchy. Here's where you can find them:
- 3/2 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield
- 3/3 - Las Vegas, NV @ Joint
- 3/4 - Tempe, AZ @ Hayden Square Amph.
- 3/6 - Boulder, CO @ Boulder Theater
- 3/8 - Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theatre
- 3/9 - St. Louis, MO @ Mississippi Nights
- 3/11 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 3/12 - Milwaukee, WI @ Rave
- 3/13 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
- 3/15 - Indianapolis, IN @ Egyptian Room
- 3/16 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 3/17 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Metropol