After making a brief U.S. stop to play the 1998 CMJ Music Fest and a handful of promotional dates, the Cardigans plan to return to the states in February to kick-off a tour in support of its new album, "The Gran Turismo."
The Cardigans are hoping that the live shows will help break "My Favorite Game," the first single from the "Turismo," as the song hasn't taken off as quickly as the Swedish group's breakthrough single, "Lovefool," which some have blamed on the confusion caused by the Universal Records acquisition of Polygram, the parent company for the Cardigans' label, Mercury Records.
The first set of announced dates for the Cardigans North American tour:
- 2/1 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre Of Living Arts
- 2/2 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 2/4 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- 2/5 - Providence, RI @ Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
- 2/6 - Boston, MA @ Roxy
- 2/8 - Montreal, QUE @ Le Spectrum
- 2/9 - Toronto, ONT @ Guvernment
- 2/12 - Detroit, MI @ St.
- 2/13 - Chicago, IL @ Metro / Smart Bar
- 2/14 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 2/17 - Seattle, WA @ King Kat Theatre
- 2/18 - Portland, OR @ La Luna
- 2/20 - San Francisco, CA @ Fillmore
- 2/22 - Hollywood, CA @ Palace
- 2/23 - San Diego, CA @ Soma