After teaming with director Joel Schumacher to shoot their new video, the men of Bush have embarked on a brief U.S. tour that will see them play a string of radio festival dates.
The band headed to the New York borough of Brooklyn this week to shoot a video for “Letting The Cables Sleep” with Schumacher (“The Lost Boys,” “The Client,” “Batman And Robin,” “Flawless”). Model-turned-actress Michele Hicks (“Twin Falls Idaho”) was on hand to play frontman Gavin Rossdale’s romantic interest, and drummer Robin Goodridge did his part as well with a role as an overly intoxicated barfly.
The video is expected to debut on MTV on December 27.
“Letting The Cables Sleep” will be the second single from the band’s “The Science Of Things” album, and not “Jesus Online” as previously reported. The band had originally planned to release “Jesus Online” as a single and had lined up Hype Williams to direct a clip for the track (see “Bush Plans
New Video As Album Arrives” ). However, the band did not shoot a video and “Jesus Online” is now on hold.
After wrapping up the “Cables” video shoot, the band headed to Minneapolis to kick a string of North American tour dates on Thursday. Bush will be making the rounds on the radio festival circuit and will be crossing paths with the likes of Oasis, Filter, Foo Fighters, Sevendust, Beck, Fiona Apple, Powerman 5000, Tori Amos, and others. If you want to catch Bush, here’s where to look:
- 12/3 – Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom (WLZR Show)
- 12/4 – Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena (Q101 Radio Show)
- 12/5 – Detroit, MI @ Cobo Arena (89X Radio Show)
- 12/6 – Indianapolis, IN @ Pepsi Coliseum (WRZX Show)
- 12/8 – Portland, OR @ Memorial Coliseum (KNRK Radio Show)
- 12/9 – Seattle, WA @ Key Arena (KNDD Radio Show)
- 12/10 – San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Aud.
- 12/11 – Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond
- 12/12 – Dallas, TX @ Reunion Arena
- 12/16 – Toronto, ON @ Warehouse
- 12/18 – Miami, FL @ Bayfront Park