Shudder To Think has wrapped up the soundtrack to "First Love, Last Rites," and the result is an album that sees the group team with Smashing Pumpkins Billy Corgan, Jeff Buckley, Liz Phair, and many others.
On nine of the album's 15 tracks, the band brings in a rotating cast of singers to front the band, which in addition to Corgan, Buckley (whose last recorded work is featured on the album), and Phair features Cheap Trick's Robin Zander, Nina Persson of the Cardigans, X's John Doe, Angela McClusky of the Wild Colonials, Lena Karlsson, and Matt Johnson of The The.
As we first reported a year ago (see "Shudder To Think Know The (Film) Score"), the band took to film scoring after vocalist Craig Wedren emerged from his battle with Hodgkin's disease. After guitarist Nathan Larson provided music for the 1997 MTV News special "Abducted," the band hooked up with video director Jesse Peretz (the man behind the
Fighters' "Big Me" clip) to score his big screen debut, "First Love." The film stars Natasha Gregson Wagner and Giovanni Ribisi, and should arrive in August, when the soundtrack is also slated to hit stores.
When the album does arrive, here's what you'll find on it:
- "I Want Someone Badly" - with Jeff Buckley
- "Erecting A Movie Star" - with Liz Phair
- "Diamonds, Sparks & All"
- "When I Was Born, I Was Bored" - with Billy Corgan
- "Appalachian Lullaby" - with Nina Persson of the Cardigans
- "Airfield Dream"
- "Automatic Soup" - with Robin Zander of Cheap Trick
- "Lonesome Dove"
- "Speed Of Love" - with Jon Doe
- "Day Ditty" - with Angela McClusky of Wild Colonials
- "The Wedding Is Over" - with Lena Karlsson
- "Jelly On The Table" - with Matt Johnson of The The
- "Just Really Wanna See You"
- "I Want Someone Badly"
- "Final Dream"