December 3 [14:00 EDT] -- Diversity is the theme for Phoenix House's Christmas benefit record, "a home for the holidays," featuring artists such as Joan Osborne, Boyz II Men, Bon Jovi, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
The CD, released by Mercury Records, has seventeen holiday theme songs performed by artists representing different genres of music, including ten previously unreleased tracks. Says Mark Fine, senior Vice President of A&R for Polymedia and executive producer of the compilation, "part of the message of Phoenix House is diversity, and that is reflected in the music in the album."
For thirty years, Phoenix House has been treating adolescents and adults for substance abuse and drug prevention. "a home for the holidays" was released in October to help mark its anniversary. All proceeds from the sale of the CD will go to Phoenix House for drug treatment and prevention activities for adolescents across the country.
The track listing for "a home for the
holidays" is as follows:
- "O Come All Ye Faithful" - Ritchie Sambora
- "What Child Is This" - Dar Williams
- "Please Come Home For Christmas" - Aaron Neville
- "Baby, It's Cold Outside" - Vanessa William's duet with Bobby Caldwell
- "My Favorite Things" - OMC
- "Silent Night/Let It Snow" - Boyz II Men
- "God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman" - Brian McKnight
- "Hark The Herald Angels Sing" - Wendy and Carnie Wilson with Casey Stratton
- "My Christmas" - Tony Toni Toné
- "Mary Christmas" - Redd Kross
- "X'Mas Time (It Sure Doesn't Feel Like It)" - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- "Sock It To Me Santa" - Marshall Crenshaw with The Chisel Brothers
- "How Beautiful" - Lovemongers
- "I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas" - Bon Jovi
- "Arbolito De Navidad" - Gloria Estefan
- "Coventry Carol" - Suzanne Vega
- "Go Where I Send Thee" - Joan Osborne