Fans, the wait is over: The initial leg of Bon Jovi’s first North American tour in five years has been confirmed to kick off on November 3 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Before the full-scale outing gets under way, the group will perform at a handful of radio station events, including a show Monday night at the Hit Factory in Miami; appearances on Tuesday in Atlanta and Jacksonville, Florida; and two performances on September 20 at the China Club in New York City exclusively for radio station contest winners.
The band’s new album, “Crush,” was released in mid-June and has sold over 640,000 copies to date, according to SoundScan. The band’s world tour officially got under way on July 12 in Japan (see “Bon Jovi Schedules Chicago Club Show” ).
Last week, frontman Jon Bon Jovi joined an all-star lineup at Radio City Music Hall in New York City for a Democratic fund-raising event dubbed “The Concert For Al
Gore.” Bon Jovi performed The Beatles’ “Revolution” with Sheryl Crow and Lenny Kravitz and played his band’s hit “Wanted Dead Or Alive” solo. The singer joined k.d. lang, Crow, Kravitz, Bette Midler, Paul Simon, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Glenn Frey, Timothy B. Schmidt, Don Henley, Jimmy Buffett, and Paul Shaffer’s band for a rendition of the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young hit “Teach Your Children” for the show’s finale.
Here’s how the band’s North American dates are shaping up so far:
- 11/3 – Charlotte, NC @ Independence Arena
- 11/5 – Fort Lauderdale, FL @ National Car Rental Center
- 11/8 – Boston, MA @ FleetCenter
- 11/10 – Philadelphia, PA @ First Union Center
- 11/12 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Mellon Arena
- 11/14 – Wilkes-Barre, PA @ First Union Arena
- 11/16 – East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airline Arena
- 11/18 – Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace Of Auburn Hills
- 11/20 – Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
- 11/22 – Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
- 11/24 – St. Louis, MO @ Savvis Center
- 11/25 – Cincinnati, OH @ Firstar Center
- 11/27 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 11/28 – Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre