Reformed hair band Bon Jovi will be taking ska-infused pop-punk outfit Less Than Jake out on the road starting November 5 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
While the pairing may seem like a musical odd couple to some, it makes perfect sense to the guys from Less Than Jake.
“I grew up in New Jersey and listened to Bon Jovi when I was in high school,” Less Than Jake drummer Vinnie Balzano tells MTV News. “I’m a big fan, and I’m speechless that we have the opportunity to go out on tour with them.”
Bon Jovi will be touring behind its latest album “Crush,” which spawned the hit “It’s My Life.” Meanwhile, Less Than Jake will be hitting the road in support of their sixth studio LP “Borders and Boundaries,” due out on October 24 via indie label Fat Wreck Chords.
The members of Less Than Jake decided to tone down the ska and pump up some of their poppy-punk aspects on the impending 15-track LP.
Although the band will be touring to help promote that new
material, Vinnie seems to think that it’s one of the act’s older songs may have clinched the deal.
“Our song ‘All My Best Friends Are Metalheads’ has become one of our proudest and most popular anthems, so the Bon Jovi connection is a welcome one to the band and fans alike. I’m excited that we’ll be able to expose a whole new audience to Less Than Jake.”
Here’s where you can catch Bon Jovi and Less Than Jake out on the road:
- 11/5 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ National Car Rental Center
- 11/8 – Boston, MA @ Fleet Center
- 11/10 – Philadelphia, PA @ First Union Center
- 11/12 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Civic Arena
- 11/14 – Wilkes-Barre, PA @ First Union Center
- 11/16 – E. Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
- 11/18 – Detroit, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
- 11/20 – Chicago, IL @ Rosemont
- 11/22 – Indianapolis, IN @ Censeco Fieldhouse
- 11/24 – St. Louis, MO @ Savvis Center
- 11/25 – Cincinnati, OH @ Firstar Center
- 11/27 – Toronto
Air @ Canada Center
- 11/28 – Montreal @ Molson Center