Smashing Pumpkins, Paula Cole, Marcy Playground, and Fastball have been added to a H.O.R.D.E. festival line-up that already includes Blues Traveler, Ben Harper, Alana Davis and others.
With Lollapalooza out of commission this summer, H.O.R.D.E. founder John Popper had more room to maneuver in signing on bands for this summer's outing. The Blues Traveler frontman seems to have followed the trend that he began last summer when his festival moved away from the earthy love-in it had been to more of a straight ahead alternative showcase with acts like Beck, Soul Coughing, Ben Folds Five and others on board.
This year's tour gets underway on July 9 at River's Edge in Somerset, Wisconsin and wraps up on September 5 in Portland, Oregon.
Blues Traveler will be joined for at least five July dates by Smashing Pumpkins, and later in the tour by Paula Cole for a three week stretch. Fastball will hop on the tour sometime in August. H.O.R.D.E.'s main stage will also
feature singer/songwriter Ben Harper, Canadian favorites Barenaked Ladies, and jazz-influenced vocalist Alana Davis.
The tour's second stage will feature turns by Marcy Playground, Robert Bradley's Backwater Surprise, and Chris Stills, son of 60s songwriter Stephen Stills. David Garza, Fiji Mariners, Emmet Swimming, Agents Of Good Roots, and Getaway People will also be among the acts playing the tour's second stage.
Tickets go on sale Friday for a show in Bonner Springs, Kansas, and on Saturday tickets will be available for shows in Oklahoma City; Noblesville, Indiana; Clarkston, Michigan; Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio; Cincinnati, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Burgettstown, Pennsylvania; Canadaigua, New York; and Boston.
Here's where the H.O.R.D.E. tour will be stopping this year:
- 7/9 - Somerset, WI @ River's Edge
- 7/10 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley
- 7/11 - Tinley Park, IL @ The World
- 7/12 - Maryland Heights, OH @ Riverport Amph.
- 7/14 - Bonner
Springs, KS @ Sandstone Amph.
- 7/15 - Oklahoma City, OK @ All Sports Stadium
- 7/17 - Noblesville, IN @ Deer Creek
- 7/18 - Clarkston, MI @ Pine Knob
- 7/19 - Clarkston, MI @ Pine Knob
- 7/21 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Theater
- 7/22 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Amph.
- 7/24 - Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amph.
- 7/25 - Burgettestown, PA @ Star Lake Amph.
- 7/26 - Canandaigua, New York @ Finger Lakes
- 7/28 - Toronto, ONT @ Molsen Park Amph.
- 7/30 - Mansfield, MA @ Great Woods
- 7/31 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 8/2 - Saratoga Springs, NY @ SPAC
- 8/4 - Hartford, CT @ The Meadows
- 8/5 - Wantaugh, NY @ Jones Beach Theater
- 8/7 - Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lakes Amph.
- 8/8 - Camden, NJ @ Blockbuster E Center
- 8/11 - Virginia Beach, VA @ GTE Amph.
- 8/12 - Raleigh, NC @ Walnut Creek Amph.
- 8/14 - Antioch, TN @ Starwood Amph.
- 8/15 - Charlotte, NC @ Blockbuster Pavilion
- 8/16 - Atlanta, GA @ Georgia International Horse Park
- 8/19 - Live Oak, FL @ Suwanee Park
- 8/20 - Birmingham, AL @ Oak Mountain Amph.
- 8/22 - Austin, TX @ South Park Meadows
- 8/23 - Dallas, TX @ Starplex Amph.
- 8/25 - Phoenix, AZ @ Desert Sky Pavilion
- 8/27 - Irvine, CA @ Irvine Meadows Amph.
- 8/28 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amph.
- 8/29 - Concord, CA @ Concord Pavilion
- 9/3 - Boise, ID @ Idaho Center Amph.
- 9/4 - George, WA @ The Gorge
- 9/5 - Portland, OR @ Portland Meadows