For more than a decade, the "A Very Special Christmas" CD series has raised millions of dollars for Special Olympics charities worldwide, while providing music fans with contemporary versions of Christmas standards, and a few new seasonal tunes as well.This year, the latest "Very Special" album, "A Very Special Christmas 4: Live From Washington, D.C.," will be hitting stores on October 19. Included on the album will be live versions of holiday songs, many of which have appeared on past "A Very Special Christmas" compilations, including Run-DMC's "Christmas In Hollis" and Jon Bon Jovi's "Please Come Home For Christmas." Also included is one non-Christmas song, Tracy Chapman's "Give Me One Reason," featuring Eric Clapton. All of the songs were recorded at a fundraiser for the Special Olympics at the White House on December 17 of last year, at an event hosted by President Clinton and the first lady (see [article id="1427137"]"Sheryl Crow, Eric Clapton,
Run-DMC To Perform At 'Special' White House Concert"[/article]).Here's the album's entire track list:
- Mary J. Blige and Sheryl Crow: "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree"
- Run-DMC: "Christmas In Hollis"
- Jon Bon Jovi: "Please Come Home For Christmas"
- John Popper and Eric Clapton: "Christmas Blues"
- Vanessa Williams: "What Child Is This"
- Eric Clapton: "Christmas Tears"
- Tracy Chapman: "O Holy Night"
- Tracy Chapman and Eric Clapton: "Give Me One Reason"
- Sheryl Crow and Eric Clapton: "Merry Christmas Baby"
- Jon Bon Jovi: "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"
- Mary J. Blige, Jon Bon Jovi, Tracy Chapman, Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow: "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"