Radiohead is bringing its acclaimed live show back to the States, and Spiritualized and Björk will be along for support.
When the tour kicks off on March 28 in Houston, Spiritualized (a group whose ethereal "Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space" was almost as acclaimed as Radiohead's "OK Computer" last year) will be handling the opening spot. According to a spokesperson for the band, Björk is also confirmed to open four shows on the tour in Toronto, Montreal, Worcester, Massachusetts, and New York City.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Radiohead confirmed to MTV News that the band is currently shooting footage that may appear in an upcoming home video, but could not confirm the nature of the video or the footage it will contain. The "Los Angeles Times" recently reported that the home video would be dubbed "Meeting People Is Easy" and would contain the usual mix of performance footage and behind-the-scenes chicanery, but Radiohead's camp says that all the
band has done so far is compile raw footage and so far has no plans or it.
Radiohead's next U.S. jaunt will come just after frontman Thom Yorke's brother wraps up his own tour with his band, Unbelievable Truth. Britain's "NME" reports that Andy Yorke and his group (who have landed on Virgin Records) will hit the road in the U.K. on Wednesday and will keep rolling until late in the month.
If you'd rather see his big brother Thom with Radiohead, here's where the band's spokespeople say you should look:
- 3/28 - Houston, TX @ Theater at Bayou Place
- 3/29 - Dallas, TX @ Music Hall at Fair Park
- 4/1 - Los Angeles, CA @ Universal Amphitheater
- 4/2 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic
- 4/4 - Salem, OR @ Salem Armory Arena
- 4/5 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount
- 4/6 - Vancouver, BC @ PNE Forum
- 4/8 - Calgary, ALB @ Max Bell Center
- 4/12 - Toronto, ONT @ Maple Leaf Gardens
- 4/13 - Montreal, QUE @ Molson Centre
- 4/15 - Worcester, MA @ Worcester
- 4/17 - New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall