The ever-busy Björk will launch a brief, seven-date U.S. tour next month on May 9 at the Palladium in Boston, and winding down -- coincidentally enough -- at the Palladium in Los Angeles on May 22.
The Icelandic pop queen is still mulling who will open for her on the dates, but word is that she'll bring two acts: State of Bengal and Maggastina. Both groups are slated to release their debut albums on Björk's label, Ear, in the upcoming months.
As we previously reported (see "Beck Remixes Björk, Teams With Willie Nelson For Scorsese"), Björk has been working with several people on remixes of her song, "Alarm Call," including Beck, Funk Storung, Swag, Mark Paradienas, as well as longtime collaborator Mark Bell. No word yet on which one will be released as Björk's next single.
The dates for Björk's May tour:
- 5/5 - Toronto, ON @ TBA
- 5/7 - Montreal, QC @ TBA
- 5/9 - Boston,
MA @ Palladium
- 5/11 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 5/12 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 5/15 - Washington, DC @ Capitol Ballroom
- 5/17 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 5/20 - San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theater
- 5/22 - Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium