It’s been a slow build, but with its current single, “Anywhere,” ruling the airwaves, 112 has finally surpassed the double platinum mark with its 1998 LP, “Room 112.”
In naming the album, the group turned to the lyrics of late rapper and friend the Notorious B.I.G. In addition to inspiration, Biggie also offered the group encouragement, as the quartet recently explained.
“It’s one thing I always remember,” 112′s Q recalled to the MTV Radio Network recently.
“I remember B.I.G. sayin’, ‘I’m glad I sold platinum, because I know when these boys come out, they’re gonna well exceed my record sales.’ I know he’s very proud, because he was like a big brother to us from day one. I know right now he’s smiling down, like, ‘I’m proud of my boys.’” [RealAudio]
The group has also found a high-profile friend in Whitney Houston, who has tapped 112 to open for her on her current U.S. tour. If
you want to catch them, here’s where to look:
- 7/21 – Atlanta, GA @ Fox Theatre
- 7/23 – Memphis, TN @ Mid-South Coliseum
- 7/24 – St. Louis, MO @ Fox Theater
- 7/26 – Englewood, CO @ Fiddler’s Green Amph.
- 7/29 – Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheatre
- 7/30 – Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheatre
- 8/1 – Concord, CA @ Concord Pavilion