The Beastie Boys and Rage Against The Machine have named the first set of opening acts for its "Rhyme & Reason 2000" tour, and they've enlisted the likes of No Doubt, Busta Rhymes, and Stone Temple Pilots for the outing, which starts on August 2 in Toronto.
Other bands currently slated to join the Beasties and Rage (see "Beasties, Rage Team For 'Rhyme & Reason 2000' Tour") on a rotating basis include Jurassic 5, The Roots, Common, Queens Of The Stone Age, and At The Drive-In.
Opening acts have only been announced through the August 21 concert in Indianapolis, as the remainder of the tour's itinerary, expected to run through mid-September, has yet to be released.
Rage Against The Machine will take a break from the "Rhyme & Reason 2000" tour in August in order to head over to England and play at the Reading Festival and the Leeds Festival on August 26 and 27, respectively.
For more from the
Beastie Boys, including an interview with Adam Horovitz and Michael Diamond, be sure to check out the MTV News Online feature, "Beastie Boys: The Rhyme Is The Reason."
Confirmed dates and opening acts for the first leg of the Beastie Boys and Rage Against The Machine's joint tour:
- 8/2 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Park Amphitheater (w/ Jurassic 5, Queens Of The Stone Age)
- 8/4 - Buffalo, NY @ Darien Lakes Amphitheater (w/ Jurassic 5)
- 8/5 - Washington, DC @ RFK Stadium (w/ Stone Temple Pilots, Busta Rhymes, Jurassic 5)
- 8/7 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Starlake Amphitheater (w/ Jurassic 5)
- 8/9 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Giants Stadium (w/ Busta Rhymes, The Roots, At The Drive-In)
- 8/12 - Boston, MA @ Foxboro Stadium (w/ No Doubt, Busta Rhymes, At The Drive-In)
- 8/16 - Chicago, IL @ New World Music Theater (w/ Common)
- 8/18 - Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amphitheater (w/ Common)
- 8/19 - Detroit,
@ Silverdome (w/ No Doubt, Busta Rhymes, At The Drive-In)
- 8/21 - Indianapolis, IN @ Deer Creek Amphitheater (w/ Common)