After winning the Mercury Music Prize earlier this month for his "The Hour Of Bewilderbeast" album, British singer-songwriter Badly Drawn Boy (born Damon Gough) plans to cross the pond in November for his first North American tour.
The acclaimed "The Hour Of Bewilderbeast" was released in the U.K. in June and has drawn (no pun intended) comparisons to the lo-fi, folk-tinged efforts of such American artists as Beck and Elliott Smith.
"The Hour Of Bewilderbeast" has just been picked up by XL Recordings/Beggars Group for a Stateside release and is scheduled to arrive in stores on October 3.
Badly Drawn Boy's U.S. reps tell MTV News that the first American single from "Bewilderbeast" will be "Once Around The Block," with the second single, "Disillusion," tentatively set for release next January-February.
The itinerary for Badly Drawn Boy's upcoming North American tour:
- 11/3 - Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
- 11/4 - Washington,
DC @ 9:30 Club
- 11/5 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theater of Living Arts
- 11/6 - New York, NY @ Knitting Factory
- 11/8 - Toronto, ON @ Lee's Palace
- 11/10 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Bag
- 11/11 - Chicago, IL @ Schuba's
- 11/13 - Vancouver, BC @ Starfish Room
- 11/14 - Seattle, WA @ Crocodile Cafe
- 11/16 - San Francisco, CA @ Bimbos 365 Club
- 11/17 - Los Angeles, CA @ Knitting Factory