The A*Teens are currently back home resting and relaxing in their homeland of Sweden, and in July the band will return to the U.S. to support its debut CD, "The ABBA Generation," during an opening stint on Britney Spears' summer tour.
The teen group was forced to take the break and cancel a European tour after Dhani Lennevald injured himself during the A*Teens' brief American run in late April (see "A*Teens' Dhani Recovering; Band Talks Britney Tour").
The group's video for its cover of ABBA's "Dancing Queen" is currently in rotation at MTV, and the clip pays homage to one of the classic '80s teen films, John Hughes' 1985 high school comedy-drama, "The Breakfast Club."
Despite the film's popularity in America, the A*Teens admitted to MTV News that they actually hadn't seen the film prior to starting work on the video, as the band members were barely out of the womb when the movie was first released.
"He told us, 'Yeah, I like to do acting,' and we were like, 'Sorry, but there's someone [already] that looks like you,' and he went, 'Yeah, I know. That place is taken.' He was nice, and I talked to him [Laughs] … because I like Freddie Prinze, Jr., also. So that was fun." [RealAudio]
Dates where you can catch the A*Teens opening up for Britney Spears this summer:
- 7/19 - Dallas, TX @
- 7/20 - San Antonio, TX @ AlamoDome
- 7/21 - Spring, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- 7/26 - Denver, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheater
- 7/27 - Albuquerque, NM @ Mesa Del Sol
- 7/28 - Phoenix, AZ @ Desert Sky Pavilion
- 7/29 - Irvine, CA @ Irvine Meadows
- 7/31 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
- 8/1 - Concord, CA @ Concord Pavilion
- 8/3 - San Diego, CA @ San Diego Sports Arena
- 8/4 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand
- 8/5 - Devore, CA @ Glen Helen Pavilion
- 8/6 - Sacramento, CA @ Sacramento Valley Amphitheater
- 8/8 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater
- 8/10 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden
- 8/11 - Seattle, WA @ Gorge
- 8/12 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
- 8/14 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Delta Center