Fear Factory’s Dino Cazares managed to kill two birds with one trip to New York this week as the guitarist managed to record some licks for the next Atari Teenage Riot album while in town to play the Roseland Ballroom with Monster Magnet and Rob Zombie.
On Tuesday, Cazares told MTV News that he was heading to a New York studio that evening to work with the German digital hardcore outfit.
“They just called me,” Cazares explained. “I’ve done other stuff too. I’ve done Junkie XL, I played on guitar on the whole record. Soulfly, I played on the record… Nail Bomb, Limp Bizkit, stuff like that.”
“I think Atari Teenage Riot is a pretty extreme band,” Cazares added. “I think they called me out because they want some pretty heavy riffs.”
Cazares added that Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello was also expected to contribute to the project.
Of course, Cazares still has his plate full with Fear Factory work as well. The band will continue as
part of the Rob Zombie/Monster Magnet tour through late November, and then hopes to stage its own Stateside tour early next year.
Here’s where you can see them before then:
- 10/28 – New York, NY @ Roseland
- 10/29 – Utica, NY @ Utica Mem. Auditorium
- 10/30 – Poughkeepsie, NY @ Mid-Hudson Civic Center
- 10/31 – Lewiston, ME @ Central Maine Civic Ctr.
- 11/1 – Worcester, MA @ Palladium
- 11/3 – Mississauga, ON @ Arrow Hall
- 11/4 – Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 11/6 – Madison, WI @ Dane County Exhibit Hall
- 11/7 – St. Paul, MN @ Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 11/8 – Fargo, ND @ Civic Mem. Auditorium
- 11/10 – Kansas City, KS @ Memorial Hall
- 11/12 – Denver, CO @ Mammoth Events Center
- 11/13 – Salt Lake City, UT @ SaltAir Pavilion
- 11/14 – Nampa, ID @ Idaho Center
- 11/16 – Vancouver, BC @ PNE Forum
- 11/17 – Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 11/18 – Salem, OR @ Salem Armory
- 11/21 – San Jose, CA @ Event Center Arena
- 11/22 – Sacramento,
CA @ Memorial Auditorium
- 11/24 – Las Vegas, NV @ Joint
- 11/25 – San Bernardino, CA @ Orange Pavilion
- 11/27 – Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheatre