Former Verve frontman Richard Ashcroft has confirmed plans for a 10-date solo tour of North America set to begin on November 4 in Chicago.
For the outing, which is in support of his "Alone With Everybody" solo debut, Ashcroft will adopt the same stripped-down approach to his live sets that he employed for his two "secret" shows in Toronto and New York City in May.
During those two gigs for media and label reps, Ashcroft took to the stage by himself, surrounded only by several acoustic and electric guitars and an amplifier.
Even though he only has eight American shows scheduled, the upcoming gigs will mark Ashcroft's most extensive round of U.S. tour dates since the Verve's 1998 summer tour.
Ashcroft has just issued "C'mon People (We're Making It Now)" as the third U.K. single from "Alone With Everybody," and he is slated to launch a European tour on September 20 in Brussels, Belgium.
The schedule for Ashcroft's North American tour:
- 11/4 - Chicago, IL @ Double Door
- 11/5 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Bag
- 11/7 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
- 11/9 - Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
- 11/11 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 11/12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theater Of Living Arts
- 11/13 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 11/15 - Los Angeles, CA @ Knitting Factory
- 11/17 - San Francisco, CA @ Bimbo's 365 Club
- 11/18 - Vancouver, BC @ Sonar