Teen singer Christina Aguilera has announced an itinerary for her first headlining U.S. tour as well as a corresponding "Come On Over And Do Something" non-profit initiative being launched in conjunction with the outing, which starts on July 31 in Kansas City, Missouri.
Aguilera's tour is being co-sponsored by Sears and Levi's, both of which are underwriting the "Come On Over And Do Something" campaign -- named after Christina's "Come On Over" song -- and which consists of two different programs: Youth Empowerment Grants and an online Youth Action Guide.
During her tour, which will hit 35 cities in its eleven-week schedule, some 50 Youth Empowerment Grants will be awarded to youths 18 and under who work on local community-improvement projects. Winners will each receive a $500 grant for the project, as well as two free tickets to an Aguilera show and the opportunity to hobnob backstage with the multi-platinum singer.
The Do Something Youth Action Guide answers
frequently asked questions about how teens can get involved in local community-minded organizations and programs, and will focus on youth-related violence at home, drug and alcohol abuse, and racism.
Information and details about Aguilera's Youth Empowerment Grants and the Youth Action Guide can be found at the new Do Something official Web site (http://dosomething.org)
Christina Aguilera will actually begin playing to audiences across the country next month, as separately from her tour, she has lined up dates at radio festivals, state fairs, and some Canadian shows, beginning on May 19 in Holland, Michigan and continuing through the Minnesota State Fair on September 28.
Destiny's Child will serve as the opening act for Christina's headlining tour (see "Aguilera Taps Destiny's Child For Tour"), and Aguilera also plans to schedule additional
concert stops in New Orleans, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Houston, San Diego, Denver, Portland, Oregon, and Sacramento, California.
On Friday, Aguilera will play a slightly more-stripped down affair, as she will sing at the Greenbrier High School Prom as part of the "Prom Of Your Life" contest (see "Aguilera To Play Prom In Augusta, Georgia").
The itinerary for the "Sears And Levi's Present Christina Aguilera In Concert" outing:
- 7/31 - Kansas City, MO @ Sandstone Amphitheater
- 8/1 - St. Louis, MO @ Riverport Amphitheater
- 8/6 - Indianapolis, IN @ Deer Creek Music Center
- 8/7 - Nashville, TN @ TBA
- 8/19 - Chicago, IL @ TBA
- 8/21 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
- 8/23 - Cleveland @ TBA
- 8/24 - Detroit, MI @ Pine Knob Music Theater
- 8/26 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Post Gazette Pavilion
- Buffalo, NY @ Darien Lake PAC
- 9/1 - Hartford, CT @ Meadows Music Theater
- 9/6 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- 9/8 - Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheater
- 9/9 - Boston, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 9/11 - Virginia Beach, VA @ GTE VA Beach Amphitheater
- 9/15 - Philadelphia, PA @ Blockbuster/Sony E-Center
- 9/16 - Washington, DC @ TBA
- 9/18 - Charlotte, NC @ Blockbuster
- 9/19 - Raleigh, NC @ Alltel Pavilion
- 9/20 - Atlanta, GA @ TBA
- 9/22 - Orlando, FL @ TD Waterhouse Center
- 9/23 - Tampa, FL @ Ice Palace
- 9/25 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Mars Music Amphitheater