After frontman Greg Dulli’s head injury sidelined the band for a month, Afghan Whigs are preparing to return to the road early in February.
Dulli suffered a skull fracture during an altercation in a bar in Austin, Texas back in December (see “Afghan Whigs Greg Dulli Recovering From Head Injury” ), and has been recuperating at his home in Seattle.
The Whigs will resume their tour on February 9 in Cincinnati, and will proceed to make up a number of the dates that were postponed as a result of Dulli’s injury.
Here’s how the new Afghan Whigs itinerary looks:
- 2/9 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s
- 2/10 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall
- 2/12 – Syracuse, NY @ Styleen’s Rhythm Palace
- 2/13 – Providence, RI @ Met Cafe
- 2/14 – Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
- 2/15 – Johnstown, PA @ Crow Bar
- 2/17 – Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
- 2/18 – New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 2/19 – New York, NY @ Bowery
- 2/20 – New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 2/21 – New Haven, CT @ Toad’s Place
- 2/23 – Old Bridge, NJ @ Birch Hill Nightclub