Rudolf Maximilian Butler, RIAI, FRIBA, RSAI, RHA, RIA, (1872 - 1943) was a well-known Irish Roman Catholic ecclesiastical architectural historian, academic, journalist, and architect of Dublin active throughout late-nineteenth-century to mid-twentieth-century Ireland. He resided and worked at 23 Kildare Street, Dublin. He was brought up a Moravian and may have remained in that faith throughout his life, however, he designed all of his churches for the Roman Catholic Church, particularly for the Passionist Fathers. He was a founding member of the AAI in 1896, editor of the Irish Builder from 1899 to 1935, and professor of architecture at University College, Dublin.
1923-1926: Remodeled St. Dympna's Roman Catholic Church, Tedavnet, County Monaghan (Ref. 41400604),
1924-1925: Rebuilt St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Threemilehouse, County Monaghan.
Text from this biography licensed under creative commons license