About Kady Z
of prominent singer and actress Pia Zadora, KADY Z began performing at
the age of 3 onstage with her mother, developing her connection with
audiences. That sense of belonging soon grew into an unstoppable
dream. Realizing that music was her true calling, she dove in head
-first and never looked back.
KADY Z draws inspiration from purveyors of originality and feminine
power like electro-pop goddess Robyn and pop icon Gwen Stefani. “They
are both so innovative and fresh, paying attention to every detail and
aiming for perfection. I think that’s what makes someone great. They
are about the music -- the music is always first. And that is what
separates them from the rest.”
Her debut album, ONE MILLION PIECES was co-written and produced by
ToneDef (Green Day, Santana, Chris Isaak). ToneDef set out to help
KADY Z realize her musical vision: as she puts it, "unique dance music
with a soul."
“I have always wanted to create music that not only makes you smile,
but makes you want to dance your heart out." Through lyrics laced in
sentiment and personality coupled with breezy melodies and infectious
dance beats, ONE MILLION PIECES offers a taste of the way a young
woman explores the landscapes of love.
Her first single “Beautiful Disaster” has become an instant hit,
charting at #53 on the Radio Top 100. Its juicy hooks quickly earned
KADY Z a place in the hearts of many music lovers. Other standout
tracks on the EP include “Fun,” a light-hearted and wry spin on the
phrase “he’s just not that into you,” which was written about one of
her close friends, and “Save Me From Yourself,” a song about that
weak-in-the-knees feeling brought on by a certain member of the
opposite sex. KADY Z also poured her own passion into a classic song,
in her cover of Robbie Williams’s “Feel”, which deals with being given
the gift of life and knowing how to use it.
After an exclusive debut on The Huffington Post, KADY Z’s new single,
“Crashing Down” was released on iTunes on November 12. This innovative
and memorable pop ballad about survival in the face of adversity is
emblematic of KADY Z’s growth as an artist and the skyrocketing
trajectory of her musical craft. It was also featured on the front of
the iTunes homepage on the day of its release.
Soon after the release of “Crashing Down,” KADY Z was invited to make
a guest appearance on the hit show "RuPaul’s Drag Race" alongside
Kelly Osbourne and Jillian Hervey, the daughter of Vanessa Williams.
She was joined by guest judges Rosie Perez and Mary Wilson of The
Supremes, who were blown away by KADY Z’s beauty and charm. KADY Z’s
television appearance gained her a huge swath of new fans and became a
perfect complement to the biggest year of KADY Z’s life!
??26 Things You Didn’t Know About ME, KADY Z
1. I named my dog after a teletubby!
2. I am the ultimate champion at ms pac man
3. I play super mario to clear my head
4. My favorite book is gone with the wind
5. I dream of snowstorms
6. I am a master dog hairstylist
7. I love decorating for holidays especially Halloween and Christmas
8. I am scared of flying
9. My song "Fun" is about my ex...best friend!!!
10. I would never fly to space; I have enough trouble flying domestic
11. Sarah Vaughn and Gwen Stefani are 2 of my favorite female singers
12. I want to move to Nantucket even though I have never been there
13. I think Dr. House needs to get over himself already!!!! But I love Hugh Laurie...
14. I went trick or treating up until 2 years ago! I would still go if people were more accepting!
15. I think the Beatles are the greatest band of all time
16. My mom speaks fluent polish
17. My grandfather was a concert violinist
18. I am in love with the color pink
19. I can't tell a joke to save my life
20. Once I start sneezing I can't stop
21. I was born in NYC. Its my favorite city
22. I am obsessed with saying "that's what she said" and may be known to over do it somewhat!
23. I hate leaving voicemails, they always turn out way too long and awkward
24. I secretly love math...
25. Cheetos are my vice
26. Favorite Cuisine is Greek. Hands Down!