This article relies entirely upon a single source, the National Register Information System (NRIS) database or one of its mirrors. Articles based solely on the NRIS may contain errors. Please help ensure the accuracy of the information in this article by citing at least one more reliable source. (November 2013)
Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church
U.S. National Register of Historic Places
Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church, December 2008
Thach St. and Auburn Dr. S, Auburn, Alabama
32°36′14″N 85°28′24″W / 32.60389°N 85.47333°W / 32.60389; -85.47333Coordinates: 32°36′14″N 85°28′24″W / 32.60389°N 85.47333°W / 32.60389; -85.47333
No Style Listed
NRHP Reference #
Added to NRHP
April 21, 1975
The Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church is a structure on the National Register of Historic Places in Auburn, Alabama. Ebenezer Baptist Church was the first African American church built in the Auburn area after the end of the Civil War in 1865. That year, a plantation owner donated the property on which the church sits to one of his former slaves. Over the next few years, the church members built the church out of hand-hewn logs, transported from miles away by mules. The church was completed around 1870 and served the Ebenezer congregation until 1969. The building was restored in 1970 by the Auburn Heritage Association, and currently houses the Auburn Unitarian Universalist Fellowship.
The Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 21, 1975, and is located at 450 E. Thach Avenue in Auburn.
Text from this biography licensed under creative commons license